Tuesday, October 16, 2007

tasty little cakies

My plucky little food processor once again performed the task I set before him quite admirably. He whipped up some sweet little chocolate zucchini cakes in a very short time, the butter was even half frozen. Didn't faze him. I got the recipe off Clotilde's website, Chocolate and Zucchini, which was the first food blog I ever read. It was the delicious girl drink that lead me down a long and bright path of addiction, a delightful addiction to food blogs, I just couldn't get enough of them. Thank goodness that's over, it took all my time and drove Matthew crazy. And while I don't want to write a food blog, since they are way too much work, my life does revolve around food so if I'm writing about my life, the boring little one that it is, then I am obliged to post a few recipes now and again.

All that little tangent to say, I'm not writing a food blog(Matthew!) so don't mistake it for that =).

Instead of making a full on cake I decided to make a half batch of the recipe and to put the batter into little shell shaped madeline molds that I stole from work(they were rusting at the bottom of a bin). They were darling and delicious, but not too sweet, which is why I always like Clotilde's recipes. I, of course, did not follow the recipe exactly; I never do, much to Matthew's consternation. I left off the topping since I was not making a normal cake and I didn't put in the chocolate chips because I'm still trying to lose a bit more weight and I was already proud of myself for baking anything at all, baking being an activity I've tried to avoid since the tragic weight gain of '05.

Basically the impetus behind this project was a couple containers of grated zucchini in the freezer. It was going bad, I had to save it, so I stuck it in the freezer. Like I always say, "I'm a child of the Depression without ever having been within 50 years of it, all because my dear Grandmother passed on her depression era values so well when I was a child. So, I didn't even get to grate the zucchini in my new baby processor, but he didn't seem to mind.

Matthew really liked the wee cakies too, so they must have been good!

No comments: