Sunday, June 17, 2012

my new friend: an elderly owl



I have a new friend! He is an elderly owl who belonged to a friend for years and years, but upon discovering that I like the occasional owl, my friend thought that I might enjoy his company an awful lot, and so she gave him to me.

Today was the first day that I took him outside for a little look-see and what I discovered was that he desperately needed a bath. So, several hefty doses of Endust and a stiff toothbrush later, he looks much better; his plumage is shiny and bright, and his eyes are no longer cloudy. After his cleaning, he looked so dapper and cheerful that I realized he deserved his very own post on my blog.



He is a very clever little owl and comes apart so that I can store things in his little baskety body. I guess he can't hold anything too heavy, so probably bits of string or other fluffy things are ideal materials for him to hold.




His delicate feet probably can't withstand holding any heavy objects




My elderly owl has a very handsome profile!

4 comments:

Lunette Gleason Fleming said...

Looks like a ideal place to stash chocolate owl eggs or other yummy owl snacks.

Lynnea said...

oh yes, yummy owl snacks are a perfect thing to stash away. especially since i like to keep my candy for at least a year or two before deciding it's too old and then throwing it away =)

KirkK said...

Hi Lynnea - What a nice friend....

Lynnea said...

Ha! =) it's true! thanks Kirk!