Tuesday, November 30, 2010

my salad cravings


Ever since coming back from Japan, I've been craving salads non-stop. It may seem odd since one of my main posts on food we ate in Tokyo was very salad centric, but honestly, we didn't eat all that many vegetables and more often than not ate rich, fatty meat centric meals. So, despite having consumed a number of tasty salads since returning home, I haven't quite scratched that salad itch. Of course, it doesn't help that Matthew hates, hates, hates salad.

This afternoon I had many random items to use up, half an apple from our ham and apple scramble, chestnuts from making chestnut cream puffs for thanksgiving, and a sad, little bruised pear that had to come home with me from work due to his imperfections. Basically I realized that this was a slightly extra fancy waldorf salad in the making and it was pretty good despite it's celeryless existence(the poor celery, on thanksgiving day I had to throw away the little puddle that had once been a beautiful bunch of celery. I guess celery doesn't last 6+ months, even in the fridge!)

So, lucky me, I got to eat an entire bowl of sort-of-but-not-entirely waldorf salad and lucky Matthew didn't have to eat any of it =)

5 comments:

Matthew said...

I don't hate salad! :) It's just not as exciting as pork.

Lynnea said...

Hee, hee, i knew that statement would get you to comment! I'll try anything!!

Jessica Hilt said...

Alex also doesn't "hate" salads but things almost anything is yummier. *I*, however, love a good salad.

Lunette Gleason Fleming said...

I love the idea of a pear Waldorf salad. Perhaps I will try making one, a real one with celery.

Lynnea said...

it was yummery!