Sunday, December 20, 2009

Not a total grinch!

Despite Matthew's insistence, I'm not entirely a little green grinch. Admittedly, I spend most of November and December growling and harumphing as Christmas approaches, but that's just because it always feels terribly unsuccessful.

This year, I didn't leave my Halloween decorations up until Valentine's day. In fact I took them down before the end of November(unheard of in our household) and replaced them with Christmas decorations.



As proof of my ungrinchlyness, here's a couple photos of my wee pink tree. I never put the baby tree up last year and I've regretted it for the past 11 months. It certainly helped spur me to set up the tree when my dear friend May sent me some darling Hello Kitty Ornaments in the mail.



I even made tiny presents to go under the tree.

4 comments:

Lunette Gleason Fleming said...

Very festive. Pink is actually a shade of red so it works as a real Christmas color.

Lynnea said...

yes and just a little light green can make it the perfect christmas combination.

Ray and Clare said...

I so love your pink tree, so you! I think anything that you pair pink with ends up looking very darling:)

Lynnea said...

=) thanks Clare!
I do love the unusual colors for Christmas.
It appears that I used up all my ungrinchliness to put up the little tree so that I didn't have any left for Christmas. Poor Matthew =)