Tuesday, August 4, 2009

other pretty growing things



The hops aren't the only things growing well for Matthew's parents; they have lots of lovely little plants. In fact, this year, they have a real, dedicated garden, which I've never seen them have before. It really is adorable. Small and sweet.



For whatever reason I found these blue candle holders charming, probably because they are tiny replicas of a chimneria style baking oven. And, as with last year, I kept taking photos of the lavender.



Not much had been harvested from the garden, just a zucchini and a few pear tomatoes.



Such a cute pair of pear tomatoes



Probably the exact same branch that I photographed at Christmas, but it looks so vastly different in the summer time, still lovely.



A few flowers among the vegetables, for color.



Now, I realize and fully understood at the time I took all these silly bee photos, that many professional photographers have taken amazing bee on a flower photos. There was no reason for me to waste my time with the task, but I still couldn't help myself. The bees were just so cute and fuzzy. I wanted to pet them.

2 comments:

Aimee said...

These are great pictures. I definitely want to do some raised beds like Mom has. I'm hoping to get to it this summer, we'll see....

Lynnea said...

they really did look nice, the raised beds, easy to take care of too.