Sunday, August 11, 2013

A lovely, fanciful baby shower

 This summer I took on a fairly unusual project: planning a baby shower for a friend. I've never planned a shower of any sort, bridal, baby or any other type(is there any other type?) so this was a great learning experience. I had loads of fun with the whole event and, for the most part, thought the whole party went perfectly. Of course, I forgot a few details which only I noticed but the excessive preparation during the two months before the baby shower made for a really lovely experience, even for me. In fact, I may have enjoyed it more than anybody.

The snack table

A Tier of treats: Blueberry and Lemon curd tartlets

Fruit skewers and baby scones

Chicken and Arugula sandwiches and tomato basil skewers

I loved decorating the tiered tray with tiny porcelain bowls of baby pink carnations

My favorite: the hand crafted flag toothpicks. These were made with washi tape and turned out very cute


KirkK said...

Nice job Lynnea....though I'm as far from being an expert on this kind of thing as one could be. ;o)

Lynnea said...

Thank you Kirk :) I know you don't go in for all that fluff and froufrou but if you threw a shower, the food would be amazing!!! :)