Tuesday, March 29, 2011

bitty sausage rolls


Recently Matthew and I were lured into purchasing teeny, plump sausages from the Japanese market. They were so short, and irresistibly sausagy and cute. Now, before you say "what? Japanese sausage? are you crazy?" All the sausages we've bought from the Japanese grocery store have been really good and made of very high quality meat. These particular sausages are made of beef and look a bit darker because of that.



With bread dough in the fridge and these little guys just waiting to be eaten, it seemed perfectly logical to think of making sausage rolls. I'm honestly not entirely sure that this will work, but I've got to try it because the whole concept is just too yummy and cute. They might fall apart while baking but if nothing else, we can pull out the sausages and eat them all on their own. I'm sure they will be delicious!

2 comments:

Lunette Gleason Fleming said...

Well....did they turn out wonderful or not? Did they explode all over the oven or did the bread dough bake up tender and golden with plump morsels of sausage nestled inside?

Lynnea said...

=) They are delicious!! i was thinking of posting a post baked picture. I was too worried about them not turning out and so I posted before I baked them.